Thursday, September 26, 2013

55, 41, 92, 3

55 Days to go before I leave for Ethiopia, 41 donations totaling $4,610, 92% of my $5,000 goal, averaging 3 runs per week, 12 miles per week.  Obviously I need to keep increasing my distance if I am to meet my goal of finishing the 10K Great Ethiopian Run without passing out or vomiting.  It would help if my wonky hip would get with the program.

Then there's the passport.  I knew as of last spring that my passport expires at the end of November.  Why, you might ask, did I wait until last Friday to submit an expedited renewal? Details, details.  Keep fingers crossed that the government does not shut down before I get my renewed passport back!  

Let's also hope that the very scary, very sad insanity in Kenya this past week does not spread nor impact our ability to do this fundraising run for Self Help Africa.  Nothing posted on Self Help Africa's site.  No word from them.  Just worries on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment