November 20, 2014
- leave home by 4:30 to catch JetBlue flight 917 leaving Logan at 5:48am, arriving in JFK New York at 7am
- board Emirates flight 204 at 10:40am bound for Addis Ababa Ethiopia by way of Dubai.
November 21, 2014
- arrive in Addis Ababa at 1:30pm.
- meet Self Help Africa representative who will take me to my hotel
- check into Sidra Hotel
- meet Niamh Brannigan, the only other runner not travelling from Dublin. She is coming in from Kenya and arrives in the evening, 7:40. We'll have dinner or drinks in the hotel.
November 22, 2014
- 8am-2pm go watch some children's races and have lunch with the whole group. The Irish contingent will have arrived in the middle of the night
- 4pm pick up our race packs at the Hilton Hotel
- 5-9pm Pasta Party at the Hilton Hotel, followed by return to the Sidra
November 23, 2014
- 7am head off to the race
- 12pm group lunch
- 4pm shopping at the market in Addis
- 8pm group dinner either at the hotel or at the Irish Ambassador's residence
November 24, 2014
- 7am travel to Huruta in the Oromia Region for a SHA project visit
- after project visit travel to Hawassa and overnight at Ker-Awud hotel
November 25, 2014
- Project visit in Sidama
- another overnight at the Ker-Awud hotel in Hawassa
November 26, 2014
- others will all visit the Zeway Monastery, reputed to have held the Arc of the Covenant. Not sure whether I will be able to go along as my flight leaves out of Addis much earlier than the others'.
- board Emirates flight 724, departing Addis at 4:15pm bound for New York's JFK by way of a long layover in Dubai
November 27, 2014
- arrive JFK at 7:45
- board JetBlue flight 518 bound for Boston at 10:25
- land in Boston at 11:26
- home by noon if all goes well...